Laurea honoris causa a S.A.S. Principe Alberto di Monaco27/11/2018
L’intervista a Valeria Della Rocca sul Corriere del Mezzogiorno13/05/2020
we have felt the need to coordinate our efforts in a bid to safeguard the Italian MICE Industry, especially with regard to the misleading and alarmist information given through the media in covering the spread of coronavirus disease 2019 (COVID-19) in Italy.
In this short note, we wish to appeal to the international MICE community to support Italy and counter the negative impact this situation has engendered.
The geographical areas affected by the virus outbreaks in Italy are well defined and do not include main Italy’s Tourism and the Meeting & Incentive Industry venues like Naples and Campania region.
- This is an influenza virus of short lasting nature. There is general agreement within the scientific community that things should improve everywhere in spring.
- The Italian healthcare system is ranked among the best in the world and medical care is free for the whole population.
- We urge you not to cancel but to only postpone the events you have planned for March and April 2020 and to reschedule them for later in the year. This will help avoid further impact on the local economy already severely penalized.
- It is imperative to keep interest in Italy alive even while scheduling events for 2021.
- Rescheduling your events helps support us economically, and, especially, morally.
Italy is the one country in the world the MICE Industry cannot do without.